Wednesday, August 8, 2012

XV Points on the XXX Olympiad

Just a few of my thoughts on the Olympics so far:
1.  Bob Costas looks exactly the same as he did 15 years ago.
2.  Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte could probably swim even faster if their heads weren't so humongous.
3.  The woman who does all the swimming interviews is really creepy.
4.   NBC commentators can't go 15 minutes without comparing something to the deity like being commonly known as MICHAEL PHELPS.
5.  Somehow, I always miss the USA Basketball games; events I'd actually like to watch.
6.  All events that have judges and subjective judging need to be done away with.  Don't get me wrong, doing gymanstics takes all kinds of athleticism but if its up to someone else to tell you that you win, it's not a sport.
7.  Will there ever be an Olympics where no World Records will be set?  We shouldn't flood the market with superfluous amounts of greatness.
8.  I'm so pleased at how people the world over have still sought to give praise and honor to almighty Zeus ever 4 years.  
9.  Usain Bolt is kind of fast.
10.  Is having a hyphen in your name a prerequisite for being an American female Olympian? i.e. May-Treanor, Walsh-Jennings, Richards-Ross, Joyner-Kersee.
11.  Although the U.S. is doing well in the medal count (again) and I love seeing my countryman exercise dominance over the rest of the world, as long as Canada loses a lot, I enjoy myself.
12. Michael Phelps' mother has gotten way too much camera time over the last 3 Olympics.  Easy to see where he gets all of this obnoxiousness.
13.  I need to see more badminton in primetime
14.  I wouldn't mind if someone went and bought me one of those gray Nike USA jackets.
15.  I love that the Star Spangled Banner has gotten so much play time in London.  I like reminding  all those snobby Brits that 199 years ago they couldn't take down Fort McHenry.  Thank you, Mr. Key.

So Let it Be Written, So Let it Be Done,

BNOM

No comments:

Post a Comment